Next Services

Every second Sunday

Informal worship at the Station House

10.00 am

 

Every fourth Sunday

Holy Communion at the Church

9.30 am

 Check out all events at the Church on our calendar 

 

 

 

Heritage Archives

The theme for the display in the Church this month is:

Local Buildings

 

Our Diocese

Want to know more about what is happening across the Diocese? Click on the image below'

 

 The latest new archives 

 

Girl Guides

Village Buildings project

Safeguarding statement

Village Listed Buildings

Pilgrims Prayer

 

 

Images of the High House

 

The High House, now demolished, but situated in what is now Ashe Park, was one of the main buildings in the village for many years. The Sheppard family owned it for around 300 years, and the Lowthers moved in for a further 50 - 60 years until the death of Hon James Lowther, former Speaker of The House, in 1949. The house was demolished in 1953.


Created with flickr slideshow.